Site speed is more important than ever in boosting your search engine ranking
Google’s goal is to provide searchers with the best possible experience when accessing information online. That’s why SEO’s moving elements are affected by the constantly changing online demands. Because site speed impacts end-user experience, it has become an important factor in SEO and conversion.
Why faster site speed is important
In the age of technology, everything is fast-paced. We all want answers to be available instantly. When you visit a site that doesn’t load immediately, you close it and find another site that can cater to your needs instantly. True?
Sites with longer load time tend to have higher bounce rates and lower average time on the site. A slow site can also affect your ranking as search engines demote sites with longer load times.
What factors that lower your site’s load speed? And how to address them
- Your host server performance
- The response time of your server affects the traffic you receive. Pick a hosting solution that can cater to your needs.
- Optimize images
- Opt for images that do not require high details. Large images add extra data and load time.
- Code density
- If the back end of your site is too dense, it will lower your page speed.
- Ads and redirects
- Remove excessive ads and redirects that may be weighing your page down
- Check your browser plugins and apps
- Make sure your test your site on all browsers and only keep apps that are necessary.
- Leverage browser caching
- Cached pages can help avoid time-consuming queries to your site, so repeat visitors do not have to load the whole page.
Choose the best web host for both speed and security
Choosing the right web host can make a big impact. The safety and reliability of your site will depend on your chosen web hosting service.