Are you planning on building a website business?
If you are building a site or hiring someone else to do it, you will want to choose a reliable web hosting service when your site is ready to launch.
You will find a large number of hosting companies online, making it hard to choose which host is best for you. What’s more, it can be very tricky to tell if a web hosting service is terrible or terrific!
Your website hosting platform can impact these 3 essentials:
- Page load speed
- Reliability and uptime
The challenge of choosing the right web hosting plan
Searching for the right web hosting provider can be a challenge. Even when you have chosen your hosting provider, then you must choose the most suitable subscription plan for your needs. Some hosting services have a contract lock-in period while others have a flexible subscription plan.
The advantages and disadvantages of contract lock-ins
- Companies who have contract lock-ins offer a free trial or a discount; this can mean a money-saver for you.
- You may have a budget cycle that makes one-time or annual billing convenient and money- saving.
- Contract lock-in subscriptions may be cheaper initially but then have higher renewal costs.
- If you don’t like the service, you won’t be able to upgrade or transfer to another web hosting company without incurring a financial loss.
- Contract lock-ins won’t give you the incentive to continually evaluate the quality of service and support that you have paid for.
- Contract lock-ins don’t inspire trust since you don’t have the freedom of flexibility with your choice.
In the end, if your web hosting service provides excellent service they won’t need to lock you in. Web hosting services should be confident that their hosting quality and support is enough to keep you coming back.
That’s why Matilda Hosting has no lock-in contracts! Instead, we do our utmost to provide you with fast, secure hosting with quality customer care.